Saturday, February 18, 2012

Arrived in Port Angeles, Washington

We arrived in Port Angeles on Wednesday (2/15) to all the grand kids waiting for us at the road.  They sure make us feel special!  The last two days have been pretty much constant rain.   When we went to bed we discovered that the bedroom carpet was soaked.  Water had leaked in.  This was very puzzling because we have been in monsoon rains in Arizona with no leakage.  Then I noticed that the trailer had settled and was now leaning the wrong way.  So at 10:00 at night I am out in the cold and the rain, putting a tarp over the front part of the trailer and then I leveled the trailer.  So, no more leaks.  Due to the high humidity here, I had to go purchase a dehumidifier otherwise the floor would never dry.  Fun, fun, fun!  But now we have a real nice dehumidifier.

We are really enjoying spending time with the kids.  They have all grown so much.  Asher is bigger that Dayle, and Autum is almost as tall as Dayle. 

Tomorrow we will accompany them to their church, Peninsula Bible Church.  The following weeks we will visit the three IFCA churches in the area.

March will be a busy month.  I will be going to the Shepherd's Conference.  My friend Duane Tucker will pick me up in Tacoma and I will drive down with him.  On the return trip, he will drop me off at the Amtrak train in Klamath Falls and then Dayle will pick me up in Tacoma.  (Tacoma is about a two hour drive.)  I also still have two speaking opportunities and the NICE Regional conference.  We will be taking our trailer to the regional.  But its cheaper than a hotel and we that way we don't have to worry about the dogs. 

I have lots of picture I would like to post, but we have a very slow internet connection here at our son's house, so I will have to wait for a better time.

We are still waiting for an assignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment