Sunday, March 4, 2012

Going to the Shepherd's Conference

As I write this entry I am in Klamath Falls, with my good friends Duane and Cora Tucker.  A couple of weeks ago Duane called me and asked me to go to the Shepherd's Conference with him.  I was hesitant for two reasons--having to be away from Dayle and the grand kids for a week; and secondly, I really didn't want to drive for 24 hours down to LA.  Well, Duane and Cora were going to be up in Bremerton which is just 1 1/2 hour drive from Port Angeles.  He convinced me to go.  I met them in Bremerton this morning, parked the car at the Amtrak station in Tacoma, and hopped in the van.  Duane, being a professional driver, plans to do most of the driving, and I can just sit and relax.

Tonight we are in Klamath Falls.  Tomorrow I have a few errands to run, and very early Tuesday morning we will head to Los Angeles.  I am looking forward to a great conference, spiritual refreshment, and sweet fellowship.  On early Sunday morning, I board the Amtrak train and return to Tacoma.

Dayle is staying in Port Angeles...the grand kids were willing to let one of us go, but not both.  Our daughter-in-law said that "mom" cannot go.

No comments:

Post a Comment