Friday, April 27, 2012

Leaving Port Angeles, WA

The date has been set to leave Port Angeles.  We plan to depart on May 7th.  Originally we intended to leave a week earlier but our Grandson, Asher, has his first baseball game on May 5th.  Asher has never played in any organized sports until a couple of weeks ago.  I have been working with him on baseball skills such as catching, throwing, hitting, and fielding.  So we have to stay at least for his first game.

We will take a couple of days to get to Fir Point Bible Camp.  We really want visit Mt. St.Helens which is in southern Washington.

This evening I got to speak at a home Bible study from the Independent Bible Church of Port Angeles. (Dayle came down with the flu today so she didn't get to go.) They were very interested in my Jewish background, Coast Guard and police adventures and ministry.    They were asking so many questions that I didn't have any time to get into the lesson that I had prepared.  But they did ask us to return next Thursday evening.

The weather is beginning to break here in the rain forest.  There have actually been a few days of sunshine.  Last week we had three days in a row without any rain.  What joy it is to see blue sky and sun shine.  Of course, I capitalize on the opportunity and head to the mountain bike trails.  There is a 25 mile trail called the Discovery Adventure Trail that is quite a challenge.  I have ridden this trail several times now. I leave from our son's house and ride 4 miles to the trail head.  So the entire ride is just under 30 miles and it takes me right around 5 hours each time.  After every ride I loose a couple of pounds.  I have dropped 10 pounds in the last month by riding and eating less.  I will keep up my riding at Fir Point as there are plenty of trails to ride in the mountains around the camp. 

Once we get to Fir Point I am going to try to find a church where we can serve at while we are there.  Our heart's desire is to serve in a local church in whatever capacity the Lord allows.  While we are at Fir Point we will still be available for the mission to send us wherever we are needed.

Please continue to pray for ministry opportunities.  Also pray for my Dayle that she will kick this flu quickly.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Still Waiting

We are still in Port Angeles enjoying the virtually incessant rain and cloudiness. Although I do get to go for a bike ride now and then.  I just acquired full rain gear for the bike so I'm not going to let a little rains stop me anymore.

We are a bit surprised that we haven't been assigned a new church yet.  So about the first of May we will be heading to Fir Point Bible Camp.  There is much work that needs to be done to get ready for the summer camp season.  I will be able to use my technical skills in repairing the RVs that are used for summer staff.  Plus there is wood to cut, buildings to repair, and the list goes on.

We will be just 25 miles from Annie and family so we will be able to spend some time with them.  No surgery has yet been scheduled for AJ.  The doctor wants to take a wait and see posture for the time being.  They may have to go to the Children's Hospital in Portland but nothing more is known yet.

Please continue to pray for AJ and for the entire Galli family -- Mel, Annie, AJ, and Andy.