Friday, October 4, 2013

Our Anniversaries Trip to Hawaii - Day 10

10/2/2013 Wednesday

Today we got up early again and watched the sunrise over the Pacific Ocean.  Here are a couple of pictures from just outside our room.




Then we went and rented our snorkeling gear and headed to the Oceanic Research Pier which was only a few miles up the road from up.  The area had lots of reefs and it promises to be quite an adventure.  The sun was shining, the water was warm, we had a perfect place to park.  We all put on our gear and into the water we went.  One, two, three of us.  Where's my Dayle?  Oh yes, in my excitement, I forgot that she never did this before and, not to mention, that she doesn't like being in the water.  So I helped her very slowly get into the water and gave her a snorkel lesson.  She was still very afraid and would not let go of me.  Then I got a great idea...i ran back to the car and got the boogie board that Stan rescued from the trash and repaired.  So Dayle was able to hang on to the boogie board and peer into the water and see all the amazing sights.  So Dayle was hanging on to the boogie board and I was pulling her around.  She was so cute every time she saw something I could hear her screaming through her breathing tube,  It was so much fun.  After about an hour she was done.  I brought her back to the beach and I went out.  I was swimming around for a while, but my back started to hurt (thanks to my old LAPD injury).  So I got the boogie board.  Using that boogie board made snorkeling extremely easy and more fun that I ever could have imagined.  We saw many different types of beautiful tropical fish.  We even saw some shrimp.  But the highlight for me was the huge three-legged sea turtle that I followed and played with for about 20 minutes.  It's right front flipper was gone, but it didn't slow it done at all.  Sorry, no pictures.  I didn't have an under water camera.




Tomorrow We plan on hiking up Diamond Head.  And now it looks like there are two flights to Travis AFB on Friday evening, so we might be able to get out then.  If not, the next scheduled flight is Sunday afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment