Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Glorious and Bright Christmas Morn

Another Christmas morn. The day we celebrate the incarnation of our Lord, Jesus Christ, the day he was born.  I remember the first Christmas in Klamath Falls, Oregon.  I was the new pastor of Immanuel Baptist Church and I awoke to a fresh blanket a pure snow that had a tint of blue. I was so excited that Christmas morn as it was truly a dream come true. Alas, but today is a glorious bright and sunny day.  No snow on the ground, not even a cloud in the sky, the outside temperature is 55 degrees, but after all, we are in Lake Havasu. 

I was awakened not by the sound of excited children or grandchildren, as the closest child is 600 miles away, but by that familiar sound of Suzi , one of our dogs, making that sound that she is about to vomit in an instance.  You see she has quite a sensitive stomach and if she does not eat every twelve hours she vomits up a yellow bile substance.  So I excitedly jumped out of bed this Christmas morn to find my excited Suzi sitting in front of her special gift for me that she has born.  It's a small puddle of Christmas bile at which I stared at for a while.  I soon cleaned up the mess and fed both dogs their morning ration of dry dog food which was the norm.  They both rapidly ate as if as soon as their breakfast was over then would come the time of opening their presents on this glorious and bright Christmas morn.  But first, the girls, Puggles and Suzi, needed to go outside to find their favorite spots to sniff and do their doody.  Suzi went potty almost as soon as her feet hit the ground.  Puggles found her spot a few seconds later and went round and round.  Soon both pups were leaving another present for me on this glorious and bright Christmas morn.  I did my duty and scooped up the the freshly laid poopies and deposited the smelly bag into trash can on the glorious and bright Christmas morn. 

Come Puggles, come Suzi on to the house, I mean trailer that is our house for the last two Christmas morns and today makes three.  Inside we go and light the fireplace on Netflix, and turn on the Christmas music and sit in front of the tree.  With the fireplace all aglow there are no children with their faces all aglow.  But, hey soon we will be opening our own presents for Dayle and me sent by our kids now underneath our own little Christmas tree.  "Come Dayle! Wake up!  It's Christmas!" I cried.  "Uhhhh I don't want to get up, I'm still tired," she replied.   Understanding that she is still recovering from a bout with the flu I'll just sit by my computer writing this blog to you.



MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment