Sunday, April 27, 2014

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

The first two weeks of being here in Port Rain-a-lot (Port Angeles) has been a wonderful time with Jason, Shelli, Asher, Autumn, Aiden and the two foster children.  I even got a few bike rides in.  Aiden loves to play with our dogs.  He especially likes to play with Puggles. He can do just about anything with her and she just sits there.  Here is one of the things he did to her.
Aiden put Puggles in the baby swing...and she just sat there appearing to enjoy the ride.
Our last update kept you hanging on a couple of things.  First, the buyers decided not to buy the house as it was just too much for them.  We even decided to accept their last offer but they still chose  not to proceed.  So, our realtor will continue working hard and she scheduled another open house for May 4th.

Annie's surgery to put her leg back together went well.  Below is the x-ray of the finished product.  Both bones in her leg above the ankle were broken.  There are two plates and 12 screws. 

It has been a week since the surgery and she is still in pain.  But it is lessening every day.  Because she really can't do anything, she called begging for her mommy to come care for her.  So, sadly, I put my Dayle on a plane last Monday headed for Grants Pass--another two weeks apart (grrrrrrr).  She is now chauffeur for the boys and their sports practices, cook, maid, and nurse.  I will pick her up next week on the 6th or 7th on my way back to Klamath Falls to have our garage sale.  Then off to Fir Point Bible Camp for our Summer ministry.

This weekend has been filled with Seattle Mariners Baseball.  On Saturday our son, Boatswains Mate First Class Jason Gale, was the Coast Guard's representative to throw out a ceremonial first pitch.    I took two short videos of him with my cell phone (I forgot my good camera). 




I must say, that I am one proud father!  Not only does Jason serve in the Coast Guard with honor and has earned the respect of his superiors and others, and he is a wonderful husband and father, but, and most importantly, he loves the Lord, Jesus Christ.  Jason was in the running for the Coast Guard Petty Officer of the Year, but unfortunately he was not selected for the award.  Of Course we all think that he should have got it. 

It is a three hour trip each way to get to Safeco Field.  We got home a little after midnight from the Saturday baseball game and then on Sunday Asher and I returned for the Sunday game.  This was my time of taking him to a ball game for his 16th birthday.  The Sunday game has been planned for weeks.  We really didn't expect to go to two games but Asher loved it.  Asher is a Major League Baseball walking encyclopedia.  I am amazed at how much trivia he knows.  He knows all the rules, all the teams, all the players and all their statistics.  I can see a future for him as a baseball statistician. 

This will be my last week here in Port Angeles.  I will be doing my final preparation for the Men's Retreat coming up this weekend.  I will be speaking 5 times in 3 days.  The theme is "Man Up" and I will be speaking on being a real man according to the Scriptures.

Since Dayle had to leave two weeks early, we hope to return in September before beginning the ministry in Brookings, Oregon.  She said that she did not have enough time with the kids and she feels like she got cheated. 

Prayer Requests (not in order of precedence):
1.  Annie's recovery from broken leg and surgery
2.  The Olympic Peninsula Men's Fellowship Retreat, May 2-4
3.  Summer ministry at Fir Point Bible Camp
4.  The Brookings ministry opportunity
5.  For our house to sell.

1 comment:

  1. very proud of Jason,
    I am a baseball "nut" and appreciate all this stuff
    tell Asher, he is on the right track, and "Go Mariners"

    ReplyDelete