Wednesday, January 16, 2019

It's "Pastor" Shelley Once Again

We are very excited to announce that it’s "Pastor" Shelley once again. Well more accurately Associate Pastor Shelley. This last Sunday I was privileged to preach and then during the Sunday School hour the entire church met in the sanctuary to get to know and question me. After the Q and A session the elders were unanimous making it official approving me as associate pastor.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.cloversites.com/90/907d5405-86d5-4172-87ad-622a2ff23372/site-images/e35e4d4b-84f9-4cd7-a72b-41c841b1cbae.jpg
Sequim Bible Church
As far as the full extent of what my duties will be has yet to be determined. But for now I will be coordinating the small group/home Bible study program, men’s discipleship ministry as well as being involved with the counseling ministry training program. I will begin leading a home bible study beginning next week. I also hope to take some of the load off the senior pastor.

Dayle will be on the board of directors for the women’s ministry and she also is working on getting her Biblical Counseling Certification

The first task at hand is to get Pastor Shane into the senior pastor’s office. I have been busy remodeling, sanding, painting, and refinishing cabinetry. I hope to have everything finished and get him moved by the end of next week.

I will be remaining on missionary status with N.I.C.E. Assigned to Sequim Bible Church as I help Pastor Shane and the elders rebuild the church. The past year has been quite difficult for the church with a partial church split resulting in serious financial problems. The elders have said that it is like they are starting all over. There is much work to be done and we are very excited to be part of it.

The church is just 25 miles from where we live and we are very thankful that we will not have to move our trailer to another location.  We did ask the Lord for a ministry where we would not have to leave the kids.  We are truly amazed how He always takes care of us!

Please partner with us in prayer support. Specifically, please pray for unity and wisdom among the church leadership. As far as our financial support goes we still have much to go. I am confident that our great God will supply all of our needs. If you would like to assist financially please send your donations to:
    Northwest Independent Church Extension
    P.O. Box 2225
    Sumner, WA 98390                Phone: (253) 826-7881

Always Serving,
Shelley for both of us!                            www.SequimBible.com

No comments:

Post a Comment