Monday, May 30, 2011

Acting Interim Pastor

Yesterday, Sunday morning, Pastor Jerry made the announcement that he is resigning to be effective in a business meeting when he returns from his vacation the first week of July.  He said that he will recommend to the membership that they appoint me as the interim pastor.  So in the meantime I am the "acting" interim pastor. 

I have already begun to make some minor changes.  The first is the way the morning service will be conducted.  I have spoken with the music director and gave him some instruction on music selection and song leading.  I am planning on a crash course on biblical leadership/basic theology.  This was a two year course which I am going to try to do in three months with the two deacons and a couple of other men in the church.

I have quite a busy couple of weeks ahead.  Lots of planning and lesson preparation and sermon preparation.  Not much time to play in beautiful Lake Havasu.  We are travelling to see my mom and sister on Thursday and will return on Saturday.  It's only a 3 1/2 hour drive.  But I will be bringing my work with me.

Until next time....please keep this little struggling church in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment