Sunday, May 8, 2011

What a great week!

Dayle received a mother's day package from Jason and Shelli (the first ever, we think) and one of the gifts was a beautiful high quality yard decoration for our trailer----a pink flamingo.  We thought it was so beautiful we immediately put it out by our patio (see picture).  The we found out that those cheap plastic things are not allowed because it makes things look like "trailer trash." So much to our disappointment we removed it.

We went on another hike with our friends, Stan and Stephanie Broder, the "bat cave" on Wednesday.  We began our hike at 7 a.m. in order to beat the heat.  It was already about 75 degrees when we started.


Dayle and I did a lot of manual labor at the church facility.  Pastor Jerry Adams says that we are organizing their world.  We cleaned out the paint closet and one of the outdoor sheds.  We filled up the church dumpster twice.  Then we moved the "stuff" that was being stored in the sanctuary and stored it in the shed.  It was a lot of work in high temperatures but we are just thrilled to be able to help.

On Friday was the annual Bethany Christian School Parent-Staff/Student Alumni softball game and I was able to participate.  Initially I was going to be the coach of the parent-staff team, but I got to play.  I played short stop.  It was a blast...just like the old days.




But the highlight of the week was Sunday evening.  I had the honor of preaching and began an abbreviated study of he Book of James.  It sure felt good to be back in the pulpit, well a music stand.

Dayle has been getting to know the ladies and was able to counsel with a mom at the baseball game.  She has been reading Spurgeon's biography and shares with me exerts from each chapter, very convicting.

Tomorrow, Monday May 9th, we are leaving early and I am dropping off Dayle at our daughter's house in Sacramento and I will continue on to Klamath Falls.  I am going to get a bunch of stuff from our storage that we didn't think we would need and put back a bunch of stuff that we don't need.  I also have an appointment at the VA clinic for my annual physical, and a bunch of errands to do while I am in town.  I should be able to get it all done in one day.  So, Lord willing, we will be back in Lake Havasu by Thursday at the latest.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! Make sure you get your flooring tools that you left with us too.

    ReplyDelete